The long-awaited third edition of A Complete Guide to the Snakes of Southern Africa has been updated, revised and expanded. New information based on scientific research relating to behaviour, identification, reproduction and snake venoms has been included in the species accounts.
Features of this book:
• Covers all essential aspects of snake biology and behaviour.
• Species descriptions are accompanied by full-colour photographs and
• Simple icons make essential information available at a glance.
• A separate ‘key features’ box assists in quickly identifying species in the field.
• Chapters on classification and identification, keeping snakes, and the treatment of snakebite supplement the species accounts.
This comprehensive guide will prove invaluable to and herpetologists snake collectors, hikers, gardeners and reptile enthusiasts.
Also available in Afrikaans
The book will arrive in early September 2022 and will be dispatched as soon as stock lands.
For shipping outside of South Africa – please email Fernanda on email@example.com for a quote on shipping fees.
Author Johan Marais
Title A Complete Guide to the Snakes of Southern Africa
Release Date September 2022
Publisher Struik Nature