Frogs & Frogging in South Africa offers amateur froggers an accessible and practical introduction to frog identification. This second edition of the highly popular guide has been expertly revised and fully updated to reflect the latest advances in taxonomy and nomenclature.
– all of the species in Africa south of latitude 22 °S;
– a section on frog biology and behaviour;
– how to photograph frogs and record their calls;
– how to attract frogs to your garden, and ideas for projects such as building a pond;
– the range of frog species to be found in different environmental niches;
– maps and colourful photographs with the updated accounts;
– a new key to the identification of tadpole genera;
– a CD with all 115 frog calls, which offer one of the best ways to find.
Also available in Afrikaans
Author Vincent Carruthers; Louis du Preez
Title Frogs & Frogging in South Africa
Release Date April 2011
Publisher Struik Nature